John Wolfe, Democratic Presidential Primary Candidate, Sues Democratic Party to Obtain National Convention Delegates

On May 25, John Wolfe, Jr., filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against the Arkansas Democratic Party for refusing to let him choose any delegates to the Democratic national convention. Wolfe polled 42% of the vote in the May 22 presidential primary, with President Obama polling the other 58%. Under the state party rules, he should be entitled to some delegates. But the state party says he should have chosen candidates for delegate before the primary. The case is Wolfe v Arkansas Democratic Party, 4:12cv-314. It was assigned to Judge James M. Moody, a Clinton appointee.

Wolfe is serving as his own attorney, and he says he plans to sue the Louisiana Democratic Party also, in the near future. He got enough popular votes in the Louisiana primary to receive some delegates, but the Louisiana Democratic Party also refuses to let him have any delegates. See this story. Thanks to Andy Hogue for the link.

5 comments

  1. Jeff Becker · · Reply

    Interesting that Keith Judd garnered the exact same vote percentage (42%) against Obama here in West Virginia and the local Democrats are doing the exact same thing – denying him any delegates claiming that he had to name them beforehand. If Mr. Wolfe wins his case, it should also apply to Judd. Regardless, this is total hypocrisy considering the etymology of their party name.

  2. Demo Rep · · Reply

    One more reason to abolish the evil corrupt Electoral College and ALL the stuff connected to it.

    Uniform definition of Elector-Voter in all of the U.S.A.

    NONPARTISAN Approval Voting for all elected executive officers.

    How many national / state / local regimes elect ONLY 1 or 2 top executive officers ??? — when obviously more are needed to watch each other regarding LAW violations.

  3. […] AR. Wolfe (42% in primary ) denied delegates by Ds, files suit, asks court to order party to follow its own rules. […]

  4. Jed Siple · · Reply

    He already knew this was going to be a problem, why didn’t he just choose them beforehand?

  5. […] AR. Wolfe (42% in primary ) denied representatives by Ds, files suit, asks justice to sequence celebration to follow a possess rules. […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: